Real Estate Transactions
Including Representing Business Clients in the Acquisition, Disposition, And Financing of Office, Retail, Residential and Mixed Real Estate Projects.
We have a great deal of varied experience with real estate acquisitions, development, leasing and disposition, from residential construction to factory relocation. Billboard work is a specialty.
We have particular depth in the area of real estate finance and the various issues particular to California law, such as the rules regarding usury, deficiency judgments, Proposition 13 and the like and have represented lenders taking novel collateral and profit participations.
Some Recent Examples Include:
- Representation of clients in acquisition of:
- A spa resort in Palm Desert
- An office building in Inglewood, California
- Property for residential development in Los Angeles, California
- Raw land for residential development in Thousand Oaks, California
- Parcels for construction of 92-unit condominium project, project financing, and disposition
- Site for 49-unit apartment project and in its construction financing and subsequent disposition of completed project
- Site for 43-unit condominium project and in subsequent disposition of completed project
- Represented real estate lender taking a profits participation as part of its lending consideration.
- Negotiations with lenders regarding collateral swaps, lien releases, prepayments and exonerations
- Represented partner in dissolution of real estate development partnership, requiring cross-conveyances of easements and a common maintenance agreement
- Represented landowner in cell-tower groundlease
- Represented CPA firms, law firms, manufacturers, restaurants, title company etc. in lease negotiations
- Represented developers in lease negotiations with retail and commercial tenants
- Represented outdoor advertising company in groundlease transactions
- Represented client in disposition of mixed use (condominium, retail, and office) site
- Represented various landowners/borrowers in restructuring debt, both recourse and non-recourse, before and after the January 17, 1994 Northridge earthquake
Advise on title insurance matters.
- Represented homeowners associations in disputes with its members and annexation procedures with adjacent property owners.
- Amended CC & R’s of residential subdivision.
- Advice, counsel and representation with respect to land use matters, including development agreements, applications for zone amendments, and parcel map approvals, conditional use permits, coastal commission permits, and condemnation matters, redevelopment agency transactions